Monday, February 14, 2022

I Hit A Wall And I'm Not Sure Where to Go From Here

I know lately there hasn't been much posted here or even on Facebook, and to be honest, I've hit a wall. Over the years since Delmarva Supports Law Enforcement was launched, I'd believed that in time there would be connections made and events to attend....but to date, those opportunities have been few. Okay, to be honest, they've been nonexistent.

  
At one time I'd reached out to area departments, asking for a chance to come take photos, learn about the history of an agency or maybe write a blog post. No one has ever seemed interested (I understand how busy everyone is, of course), but even regular events seem off-limits; I can count on one hand the times I've been invited to anything. With so many difficult posts about the heartbreaking losses and disrespect facing our officers each day.....feeling the failure to make connections with my own community is tough to understand. I've always attempted to maintain a page which provides material with the utmost respect and professionalism, so to be ignored is frustrating.


Why am I telling you all this? Because one-sided relationships are tough to keep going; at first it seemed people might be suspicious of my motives, which is to be expected......but that was six years ago. I felt our area did need a "Back the Blue" kind of effort (because I think every community should rally around it's law enforcement officers), and hoped that over time, area agencies would be open to communication. I don't where to go from here, but I'm finding the cold shoulder tough to take.






Established in support of law enforcement located on the fourteen counties of Delmarva (DE & the eastern shore areas of MD & VA); advocating respect for all who serve and protect. Hashtag: #delmarvablue