Friday, January 20, 2023

LEO Page Admin Seeks Community Connections

At the beginning of this year I asked folks what they'd like to see on the Facebook page, and several replied they'd be interested in seeing more focus and attention on law enforcement and departments here on Delmarva. I think that's an excellent idea, and exactly what I've been wanting to do, which is highlight local agencies from time to time.


There is, however, a problem with this plan; finding contributors. I know everyone is so busy that this may be a bit inconvenient, although I'd think some folks might have department history they'd like to see shared. Perhaps there's a box of old papers and photos that no one has had the time to dig through, but this might be a great way to chronicle the early years of an agency and get some new information out there as well? Seems kind of like a win for everyone, doesn't it?


Here's what I posted on Facebook January 5th: I dig history and love exploring local details; take basic photos, write a bit, and would welcome the opportunity to do a monthly blog post or take pics of K9's, vehicles, etc. Delmarva Supports Law Enforcement has been around for 7 years, established in September of 2015, however understanding the need for appropriate material, I always run my content past contributors prior to posting. You can check out my blog to see some of what I've posted over the years. Thank you. P.S. Seeking places in southern Delaware, lower eastern shore of Maryland, and the eastern shore of Virginia (I get terribly lost in the cities).


Comments piled up on the post, I was hopeful someone would be interested and would become the first highlighted agency of the year. Unfortunately that hasn't happened yet, so today I posted another update to explain a little more about myself (if that is the problem).

UPDATE: since posting this I would love to say there have been many opportunities to get out and connect with local departments, but unfortunately that's not the case. If you missed this post, I'm still hopeful that some of our smaller local agencies might be willing to allow me to visit!

What do you get out of the deal?? A blog post about your department, a few photos - which I'm happy to share with you - and a chance for my followers to learn more about local history and the people in their community. That's it! I'm (obviously) not some deranged lunatic who just turned up. It's been 7 (yes, seven) years since Delmarva Supports Law Enforcement was established and I'd hope the work and time which has been poured into this effort would be recognized.

Honestly, I try not to take the cold shoulder personally, but after all these years it's kind of hard not too. 😞 Would really appreciate an opportunity to finally do a little more in depth perspective on a local agency, K9, etc. Thank you.



So now it's out there - I've asked and am hopeful someone will be interested. It's kind of tough to support a cause without growing and contributing more meaningful content, and I think this would be a great opportunity for everyone involved. We will see - follow DSLEO on Facebook to learn what happens. Thank you for reading.





Established in support of law enforcement located on the fourteen counties of Delmarva (DE & the eastern shore areas of MD & VA); advocating respect for all who serve and protect. #delmarvablue